Indonesian Gynecological Endoscopy Society
The Corporation Commissioner of the Special Province of Jakarta (DKI Jakarta) approved The Indonesian Gynecological Endoscopy Society (IGES)'s request for incorporation as a non-profit, tax-free educational society on July 1, 2000 - hence the founding of the IGES.
THE FOUNDING PRINCIPLES
The founding principles of the IGES are that the Society:
- Be a non-profit, tax-free educational society.
- Maintain an open-door policy, inviting all physicians who are interested in the subject of gynecologic endoscopy.
- Provide a setting for the mutual exchange of information.
- Plan and hold a variety of educational training and seminars through CME program.
the open-door policy physicians from all part of Indonesia or other countries are able to share their knowledge freely through publications, articles, journals, newsletters, medical newspapers, books, multimedia records and virtual media (websites). Now in its first year, the IGES initiate to fulfill it s original goals through the many postgraduate courses, congresses, and international symposia that have been planed to held.
Our objectives include:
- Contribute to continually raising the standards for the practice of gynecological endoscopic surgery.
- Provide an efficient, centralized source of information and instruction for gynecologic surgeons and other health professionals.
- Hold conferences for the exchange of ideas and expertise.
- Encourage and support hospitals and medical schools in providing high quality, formal training for gynecological endoscopic surgery.
- Promote scientific study and its publication and distribute literature.
- Recognize individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the field of gynecologic endoscopy.
- Teach, demonstrate, instruct, and exchange ideas.
- Sponsor meetings, seminars and conferences that stimulate interest in gynecologic endoscopy.
- Maintain and improve medical standards for gynecologic endoscopy in medical schools and hospitals.
- Maintain and improve ethics, practice and efficiency of the medical practice pertaining to gynecology, obstetrics, and endoscopy.
- Improve medical surgical techniques in the area of family planning as well as providing information and knowledge to all governmental agencies.
- Conduct medical research in the area of gynecologic endoscopy and publish medical and scientific literature in such fields.
In addition, the IGES plans to produce several textbooks, audiovisual multimedia records, slides and virtual information media on laparoscopy, microsurgery, hysteroscopy, hydrolaparoscopy, lasers, and gynecologic endoscopy. The IGES Manual of Gynecologic Endoscopy (Panduan Endoskopi Ginekologik) will be the manual of reference in gynecologic endoscopy in Indonesia, with regular updating.